Deadline: Friday 31st August, 2012
Entries for the 5th edition of the annual Garden City Literary Festival Writers’ Workshop are now being accepted. The workshop will hold in October 2012.
The Writers’ Workshop is a creative platform where aspiring writers sit under the tutelage of their established counterparts. It is recommended for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills. Each applicant must indicate their preferred choice of workshop.
Application to more than one class will not be considered. Participants are required to submit samples of their writing (in line with requirement for the different genres) before Friday 31st August, 2012, to secure a place.
All applicants must submit the following:
FOR SHORT STORIES:
* Sample short story of between 1000 and 1500 words (please highlight–in the subject of your email–how many words your story contains). You should submit only your best story.
* Sample poem (no longer than 1000 words). Please note: synopses or abstracts will NOT be accepted.
* A ‘one act’ play script on any subject.
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
* A one-page personal CV must be submitted along with each entry;
* A brief paragraph about what you intend to learn from your chosen workshop must be included in submission;
* All manuscripts must be double spaced with a header showing ‘author’ to the left, ‘title’ in the middle and ‘page number’ to the right;
* Handwritten entries or entries that do not adhere to the manuscript format above will not be accepted.
All sample materials must be submitted to email@example.com not later than 12 Noon on Friday 31st August, 2012. Materials submitted after this date and time will not be accepted.
*Guest writers at the 5th edition of the Garden City Literary Festival which holds from Monday 15 – Saturday 20, October 2012 in Portharcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria, include Doreen Baingana, Lola Shoneyin, Veronique Tadjo, Noo Saro-Wiwa, Chibundu Onuzo and the Caine Prize administrator, Lizzy Attree.
For more details, please visit: The Garden City Festival.